Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A most enjoyable trip up into the hills

It was yet another enjoyable trip up to Ketti valley for the Executive Committee meeting of the Old Georgian Association that was held at my friend Colin O'Connor's new home overlooking the old school - the view of the old school from almost every room in Colin's house is spectacular and is something I would give an arm and a leg for!

View from Colin's.jpg

We had 30 OGs and their spouses in attendance and the deliberations took place on the top terrace (there are two of them!) of Colin's beautiful home. I am sure there will be plenty of pictures of the Executive Committee meeting online soon enough. The cold surprised me who always thought I knew the weather in Ketti better than I knew the weather in Chennai! It was biting cold that evening and I even overheard somebody say he had trouble taking a pee because he couldn't find his member! The bon homie between old school buddies was to die for - we had a great time getting together and lots of very useful discussions were had on the sidelines too because there were quite a few Board members in attendance.

Congratulations to Colin and Geeta for selecting such a lovely place for a retirement abode - can only say I will always envy you for the great views you have of my favorite valley.
Attached are a few pictures of the flora of Ketti Valley which is another thing that draws me to this beautiful valley. By the way, quite a few folks have asked me what the common name of those ubiquitous yellow paper flowers found all over the upper Nilgiris is - it is
Bracteantha bracteata - it obviously presents in more than just the yellow form, its available in white, pink, bronze and even cream colours - a picture of the white specimen may be found below.













































No comments:

Post a Comment