Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Its travel time again

Indeed, it is travel time again and I don't seem to fancy the idea of traveling like a blue-bottom fly any more. This time around its 10 days and seven cities! Doesn't sound very interesting, does it? Well, it really isn't interesting at all because its the same circuit every year. Hopefully, this year my Swiss clients will try and do something different by taking me up to Jungfrau in the Swiss Alps.

Its crazy but I have been traveling to Switzerland for 8 years now and have really not seen anything of this beautiful country other than a little of western Switzerland - the areas around Basel, Lausanne and Lake Neuchatel. Beautiful though the area is I feel I need to see the Alps in order to say I've been around Switzerland!

I'm pleasantly surprised by the fares available to Europe on Sri Lankan - its almost 40% cheaper than those of the other carriers such as Lufthansa and Emirates - I hope the experience will also turn out to be unbeatable in a positive sense!

The Schengen visa too turned out nicely for me in that I got a two year multiple entry visa without any fuss! That means I save on precious pages of my passport by not having to devote more of the pages for visas! And this time around it will be the first time I enter Switzerland on a Schengen visa - earlier I had to apply separately for one of those difficult Swiss visas which took ever so long to get and would be for 8 days, yes, 8 days!! Which again meant my old passport had a Swiss visa on almost every alternate page!!! Thankfully those hassles are over and done with given the new visa regime. Now lets just hope the trip is nice and easy and some work gets done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment